Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weddings, briBes, and desperate vibes...



I just got back from my darling's sister, Karen's wedding dinner. I was the MC for the English part and then Janet, Karen's husband's sister did the Mandarin translation.


It went pretty ok, even my future in-laws said I did very well, except for one part which were pretty hilarious for the Lims...


Normally there's a food presentation by the restaurant, right? So I asked the banquet manager for how to introduce it, and he told me that the restaurant is called Klang Parade Restaurant.


Later on, after much laughter, I realized that it was supposed to be Grand Palace Centro. What the??? LOL!!! I didn't recognize the Malaysian England accent lah... LOL... Like that also can... LOL... And worse still, my partner, during her Mandarin part introduced the bride as Shi Yun, my darling!!! LOL........ Whooooopsss! Supposed to be Qiu Yun... Inspite of all the blunders, not PLUNDERS okay, nobody seems to care anyway... cos it's KLANG okay!


Oh well, so much for MC-ing for wedding, which, in truth, was a first for a seasoned stage speaker like me... Like the saying goes, there will always be a first...


Oh yah, for your info, please be extra careful these few days... our corrupted police force out in full force to earn extra income... I spotted them yesterday and today at the same usual spots... just before the first toll after Hockien Association heading towards KL, and 9 o'clock right after the roundabout coming down from SJMC. So don't do illegal stuffs like speeding over the limit or doing illegal U-turns, as I have said, they are out in full force.


And now, at 11:22pm, I am not even halfway through preparing for my presentation due tomorrow morning. Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh! HELP, LORD! I need TONS of supernatural favour, anointing, wisdom and strength. Not sure if I'll even get to catch any winks tonight... sigh... Have a great week ahead, friends!


*I wished you were here tonight, baby* *SMOOCH* *If only you didn't get your head stuck in the elephant's mouth*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home